We’d like to thank all who were able to attend in person or virtually to the June 7th City Council meeting where the ballot measure to eliminate STVRs (Short Term Vacation Rentals) in residential areas (other than home shares with owner living on property) was discussed.
Although our Campaign Attorney submitted a letter and spoke at the meeting about how the N4N ballot measure contains many flaws and signatures were obtained without the proper information, the City Council voted to put the measure on the ballot for November 2022. We had a number of speakers talk about the dangers of this measure, how it will hurt La Quinta’s quality of life and decimate city finances. The City also received a report on the financial impacts of the measure, and the facts are on our side- if voters pass this measure, it will drastically affect critical city services and life in general in La Quinta.
Our next steps will be to primarily educate La Quinta voters and lay the groundwork for the election campaign this fall, in the hopes that they will see how eliminating STVRs will directly and negatively impact the City of La Quinta and its business and property owners.
Please join us for an all member meeting Thursday, 6/23 at 6pm. To RSVP, please scroll down and fill out "Will You Come" section, and you will be emailed a Zoom link.
Here are a few things you can do to support our cause in the meantime:
- DONATE: If you haven’t done so already, please visit www.vronlq.org/ballot to donate to support our fight of this campaign. If you are not a US citizen or do not have a green card but would like to support VRON-LQ in other ways, please visit www.vronlq.org/donate
- VOLUNTEER: Passionate about our cause and have some time to volunteer? Please visit www.vronlq.org/volunteer. There will be a number of ways we need help as the campaign gears up!
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Follow VRON La Quinta on our Facebook “VRON La Quinta” and our Instagram “vron_la_quinta” to help stay up-to-date and to help us share and educate residents on the benefits of STVRs and voting on the ballot initiative. Like, follow, and share with your network!
- REGISTER: If you are not already a registered La Quinta voter, you can immediately change your official voting address to be a valid registered La Quinta voter. Visit www.registertovote.ca.gov *Please contact your local voter registration office and tax accountant to see if you are illegible to change your voter status. Please note that it is your responsibility to verify your eligibility- VRON LQ is not responsible for these actions.
- COMMUNICATE: Commit to talking with at least five people you know in the area to educate them about this matter and correct any misinformation that they might have received. If you need talking points to help guide the conversation, please let us know.
Thank you for your support of VRON-LQ in helping us protect the rights of our residents, local businesses, and countless others in the city of La Quinta and the Coachella Valley, while maintaining our quality of life in La Quinta. We WILL win this fight with your support!